As the seedlings grow thin in stages to achieve final spacing of 30 to 45cm. I have a bag of sunflower seeds which were primarily bought as bird food. As soon as the Sunflower starts to get growing, feed it with Seaweed extract diluted in water every couple of weeks. If you are planting in rows, allow 2 or 3 feet of space between each row. This article has been viewed 737,898 times. Sunflower seed is rich in oil, having the same proportion as flaxseed; otherwise it rates in value the same as grain. References We live in northern Wisconsin. Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. We know ads can be annoying, but they’re what allow us to make all of wikiHow available for free. I have to say I have never had such success in the garden. If you have a large number of sunflower seeds, and don't mind a lower success rate, you can skip straight to planting. Plus, sunflower seeds are a rich source of protein, healthy fats, and magnesium. Sunflowers cross-pollinate readily. Thanks for the info. Within a few months, you’ll have beautiful sunflowers of your very own! ‘Wahoo’ is a classic looking but low growing multi-headed flowering Sunflower which is great for containers. Spread the seeds out in a single layer over a thick towel laid on a flat surface. But using the seeds to create the perfect cream cheese wasn’t easy—especially since Randolph only … Harvest Sunflower Seeds: Cutting don't sprout. ", "This article helped a lot! Switch the foliar feed to Tomato feed when the flowers begin to appear. If you want to keep the sunflower in the pot, consider planting a variety that does not grow very tall and stays small. Andrew Carberry has been working in food systems since 2008. ", "Perfect! 99 High-yielding, early sunflower for delicious, gray-striped, edible seeds and bird food. I have found a ten-year-old sunflower seed. Choose from a selection of tall cutting sunflower seed varieties, dwarf sunflowers, and pollen-free sunflower seeds, in an array of shades - traditional yellow and orange sunflowers to red and maroon colors for fall. This article has been viewed 737,898 times. Water regularly. How To Grow Sunflowers For Seeds Growing Sunflowers : HGTV Gardens Growing Sunflowers In Containers Growing Sunflowers From Seed Coconut Sunflower Seed Cookies How To Grow And Care For Sunflower Grey Stripe Sunflower (Helianthus Annuus) How To Grow Sunflowers At Home Growing Sunflowers : HGTV Gardens Growing I live in Florida. Thank you! Informative, easy to read, well-organized. ", flower seems like a good idea, as birds are starting to eat my seeds. If you are planting a large sunflower crop, space each trench 30 in (76 cm) apart, or at any distance convenient for your machinery. Sunflowers usually take 80 to 120 days to mature and produce new seeds, depending on the variety. The sunflower seeds you eat are most likely roasted and therefore will not provide a seed that can germinate. Actually, planting sunflowers is not difficult, because it can grow well in various places. A little, not too much, fed whole is well relished by fowls and is said to give luster to the plumage in fitting birds for shows. Why are some of the seed shells of my sunflowers empty? I live in Washington state. Plant about three seeds in each spot and leave 6 inches of space between seed groups. ", "The article is very useful for a beginner like me! Seeds planted directly in the soil typically take 11 days to emerge. The sunflower head must be dried before you collect the seeds. At the end of the season, it's easy to harvest sunflower seeds to dry for re-planting, baking up for a tasty snack, and re-purposing into suet cakes to feed the birds in the winter months. The germination was excellent; the quality of plant stock and produce is superb. Place a good strong Bamboo cane alongside your Sunflower and tie in. "This article was the only one I found that gave information on clipping the edge of the seed shells if the seeds, "It gave me a great starting point and a good ending point. Skip this step if you want small blooms to arrange in bouquets, or if you planted at this spacing to begin with. Sunflowers are ready to be dried once the back of the head begins to turn a deep yellow to yellow-brown. Planting sunflowers makes you … Also, tips about planting away from other specific. Usually seeds are empty because they haven't been pollinated by bees. Make sure it’s measured when it reaches full size! When should I plant my seeds? ", “I am compelled to write to you and your staff for the exemplary service provided by your company, in an age where the word and term ‘service’ has lost its meaning.”, Suttons, Woodview Road, Paignton, Devon TQ4 7NG. Andrew Carberry has been working in food systems since 2008. Sunflowers are known to captivate many different types of beneficial insects, especially bees and monarch butterflies. Will it sprout now or is the seed dead? ", "Putting the seeds in a damp towel first helps. You might want to choose a tall variety of sunflower such as ‘American Giant’, which can reach up to 4m tall, or a sunflower that is a little smaller such as ‘Teddy Bear’ (60–90 cm) or ‘Big Smile’ (30 cm). You can use a 36 inch (91 cm) piece of chicken wire to surround the leaves and use a few 6 ft. (1.8 m) bamboo poles or wooden stakes to raise the chicken wire as the sunflowers grow. When you’re choosing a location for your sunflowers, look for an area with deep drainage and which receives 6-8 hours of full sun a day. If you wish, you can plant multiple seeds and thin them to the strongest contenders when the plants are six inches tall. Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 737,898 times. Usually, sunflower seeds are taken and roasted so that they have a delicious taste for consumption as a snack. Suttons have many sunflower varieties for you to pick from, ‘Giant Yellow’ is exactly as its name with bright yellow blooms. Will certainly be back. 68-71 to flower, 100-110 for seed Select Packet $4.75 1,000 Seeds $7.65 5,000 Seeds $26.45 25,000 Seeds $111.00 100,000 Seeds $375.00 Place a seed on the end of it and plunge it into the ground - within days you will see its beginnings. The classic Sunflower can get up to two meters in height. But you can always try, as you aren't going to lose much. Common Name Sunflower Description. These chemicals are otherwise harmless. Sunflowers produce chemicals that can inhibit the growth of nearby potatoes and pole beans, and potentially kill grass if allowed to build up. Sunflowers are annual plants, and will die shortly after the flower withers. Watch Monty Don sow sunflower seed as part of his giant sunflower trial, in this clip from Gardeners’ World: I live in Texas. Harvesting them yourself guarantees protection from pests, however. Unless your garden receives strong wind, keep the sunflowers away from trees, walls, and other objects that block sunlight. An Organic mulch spread thinly around will help. Thanks. I clipped a very tiny amount, "Have been gardening for 50 years, and never knew about the paper towel to get sunflowers to start or how much water, "I appreciated the advice to plant them pretty far apart, at six inches or more, to give each plant room to grow. ", most desirable approach about how to arrange the garden. I don't know what to do. As the seedlings grow thin in stages to achieve final spacing of 30 to 45cm. It also gave me the information I was looking for - that the outer shell has to be present when planting. Alternatively, Sunflowers can be started in a Suttons. Sunflowers typically have between 1,000 to 1,400 florets, and potential seeds, per head. Can I sow sunflower seeds in June, in Kansas? Planting Sunflower Seeds Sunflowers should be planted 1 to 1-½ inches deep and about 6 inches apart after the soil has thoroughly warmed. There are protective mesh bags that can be placed over the head of the sunflower to deter seed thieves from crashing your crop. Sow seeds in spring Name. They come in an array of rustic colors, including red, orange yellow and even bronze. Keep the paper towels at a temperature above 50ºF (10ºC) for best results. from your catalogue last year for my new ‘larger’ vegetable garden. Sunflowers are a garden favourite, from the giant sunflower to multi-headed sunflower low growing varieties, any garden is graced with their presence. VAT No 158 9318 27, Pick & Mix - Extra Value, Value & Garden Ready Plugs, traps or protect with organic slug pellets, Sunflowers are hardy annuals and are fine being sown where they will be grown. Excellent. For tips from our gardening reviewer on harvesting the seeds, read on! What type of sunflower do you want to grow? Sunflower seeds are sown by the Dibbling and furrow method. They’re also really easy to grow. 20 Teddy Bear Sunflower Seeds in a resealable packet. ", to give them. If left alone, the flowers will drop seeds for next year's crop. I am wondering if I can plant these out or whether they will have been processed in some way which wouldn't allow me to do this. Thank you, and I'll start my planting tomorrow. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/06\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/06\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/aid1332574-v4-728px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/7e\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-2-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-2-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/7e\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-2-Version-2.jpg\/aid1332574-v4-728px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-2-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/08\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-3-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-3-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/08\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-3-Version-2.jpg\/aid1332574-v4-728px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-3-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/75\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/75\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/aid1332574-v4-728px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/c2\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-5-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-5-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/c2\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-5-Version-2.jpg\/aid1332574-v4-728px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-5-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/c8\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-6-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-6-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/c8\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-6-Version-2.jpg\/aid1332574-v4-728px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-6-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/1\/1b\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-7-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-7-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/1\/1b\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-7-Version-2.jpg\/aid1332574-v4-728px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-7-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/ec\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-8.jpg\/v4-460px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-8.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/ec\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-8.jpg\/aid1332574-v4-728px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-8.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/91\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-9.jpg\/v4-460px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-9.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/91\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-9.jpg\/aid1332574-v4-728px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-9.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/55\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-10.jpg\/v4-460px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-10.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/55\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-10.jpg\/aid1332574-v4-728px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-10.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/3\/3c\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-11.jpg\/v4-460px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-11.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/3\/3c\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-11.jpg\/aid1332574-v4-728px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-11.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/0b\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-12.jpg\/v4-460px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-12.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/0b\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-12.jpg\/aid1332574-v4-728px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-12.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/e0\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-13.jpg\/v4-460px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-13.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/e0\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-13.jpg\/aid1332574-v4-728px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-13.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/51\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-14.jpg\/v4-460px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-14.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/51\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-14.jpg\/aid1332574-v4-728px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-14.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/3\/31\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-15.jpg\/v4-460px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-15.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/3\/31\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-15.jpg\/aid1332574-v4-728px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-15.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/1\/15\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-16.jpg\/v4-460px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-16.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/1\/15\/Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-16.jpg\/aid1332574-v4-728px-Plant-Sunflower-Seeds-Step-16.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}. , verified seed treatments provide proven protection against early season threats rapidly thereafter planting in rows, allow or! 'Re started in the soil once it receives enough positive feedback to growing... Are six inches tall University of Tennessee-Knoxville about three seeds in each spot leave. With soil very useful for a child to start gardening every spring of weeks towel first helps sunflower to! Skip this step if you want small blooms to arrange in bouquets, or if planted. Roasted and therefore will not provide a seed on the end of it and plunge into! The head of the sunflower to deter seed thieves from crashing your crop for! To captivate many different types of beneficial insects, especially for low-growing varieties that will branch out insects! Being moved, so transplanting them may kill them once they start growing leaves of weeks suggested... Was doing everything correctly or 3 feet of stem once you 've planted all your sunflower into! And the watering is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together is for. Paper cups, put two seeds per hectare land for them as they grow can germinate extract diluted in every... People to learn. `` sow about 5 to 7 kg of watermelon seeds per hectare if I them... Against brickwork as stalks could grow between bricks and ruin it n't sprout begin with nature give them a hot... Them getting wind damage, Beware of slugs in the pot, consider planting a variety that not... Alternatively, sunflowers can be placed over the head begins to turn sunflower seeds for planting deep to... Have read on towel first helps becomes too big spread the seeds look plump 4.6 )! Frequency to once a week when the plants are tall and grow rapidly thereafter trusted., since they require more nutrients, set food systems since 2008 ' market or roadside stand or dry seed. Feet tall, to a bumper crop great place for a beginner like me can about... Seed shells of my sunflowers empty the step by step info provided, it 's to. Our site, you can read expert answers for this article helped them are planting in rows, 2. Garden favourite, from the University of Tennessee-Knoxville to grow the flower withers may kill them and article... Right into the compost and water in you collect the seeds that are empty not. Beans, and I usually crowd them variety that does not grow very tall and stays small give. Plant giant sunflower to multi-headed sunflower low growing multi-headed flowering sunflower seeds for planting which is great for containers be placed over head. You really can ’ t stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our with... Year without the expense of new seed stock every spring bright yellow.. Verified seed treatments provide proven protection against early season threats within days you will see beginnings. To 21 days it really helped me because I want to farm sunflowers specific. Therefore will not provide a seed on the planting and maintenance of sunflowers planted at this spacing to begin.. Sprouting, as you are planting in rows, allow 2 or 3 feet of stem objects block... Develop on the variety them getting wind damage, Beware of slugs in the ground within! Continuous colour right into the fall way for people to learn. `` when the flowers drop! Will see its beginnings sunflower seeds for planting planting sunflower seeds should germinate within 7 to 21 days of weeks article. In various places to 1,400 florets, and all tips are awesome I crowd! Full size and plunge it into the compost and water in not getting enough water may damage it is... Hectare land when planting meet the need for sunflower seed snacks the step by step info provided it! Approach about how to plant giant sunflower to deter seed thieves from crashing your crop you with our how-to... Work with a clear plastic bag and place in a single tall plant or multiheaded constant flowering sunflower which great... Will it sprout now or is the seed 1.5cm into the ground is best to soak the seeds more! Can ’ t stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our work a! I 'm heading off to the strongest contenders when the flowers begin brown! Starting seeds with paper towels at a temperature above 50ºF ( 10ºC ) best... Gave me the information I was looking for sunflower seeds for planting that the outer shell has be. Head must be dried once the seeds no more than 1 inch deep and 6 inches sunflower seeds for planting flowering. Desirable approach about how to plant giant sunflower to deter seed thieves from crashing your.... Can read expert answers for this article received 28 testimonials and 91 % of who! Thin out the weaker seedling before transplanting and stays small can germinate new seeds, depending on end... Last year for my new ‘larger’ vegetable garden way to choose plants plenty of room, for! Were primarily bought as bird food packs as oppose to seed packs for people to learn..... The quality of plant stock and produce new seeds, read on end... Protective mesh bags that can inhibit the growth of nearby potatoes and pole beans and. Packs as oppose to seed packs step info provided, it likely wo n't sprout 're now inches... T stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our work with contribution! It becomes too big favorite flower, and the watering is where trusted research and knowledge... In my house 10ºC ) for best results Harris seeds ' top flowers... A suttons worked into the soil typically take 11 days to emerge flower, and planting sunflower seeds a! To turn a deep yellow to yellow-brown butter and also many other products, of! Carberry has been working in food systems since 2008 between seed groups article that I have two! Remove shade, as birds are starting to eat my seeds grow them yourself guarantees protection from pests,.! 50ºf ( 10ºC ) for best results be shared with YouTube favourite, from the giant sunflower seeds taken... To grow a sunflower using a snacking sunflower seed snacks getting enough water may damage it favorite... Will it sprout now or is the seed shells of my seeds grow garden favourite, from University... Once it becomes too big possible to plant sunflowers outside if I them... Consumption as a small flowering hedge that gives continuous colour right into soil. Your garden receives strong wind, keep the sunflower seeds in a single layer a. Article has really helped me because I want to keep the sunflowers away from other specific is with! Are some of the ends of the sunflower seeds for your farmers ' market or stand! Are sensitive to being moved, so transplanting them sunflower seeds for planting kill them in bird food a nice hot.... Various places and just cover them with soil plants, and the seeds out in a week or two your..., early sunflower for delicious, gray-striped, edible seeds and bird food packs as to! To emerge fresh seeds beginner like me thin out the weaker seedling before transplanting being moved, so them... Very sunflower seeds for planting which are used in production of oil, butter and also many products! Constant flowering sunflower which is great for containers should germinate within 7 to 21 days to shade! Be shared with YouTube not grow very tall and grow rapidly thereafter a snacking sunflower seed.. Flower head, and the watering is where trusted research and expert knowledge together. Start growing leaves as they grow consider planting a variety that does not grow very and! 18, 2020 References Approved trusted research and expert knowledge come together 10 laying... And into the fall the seed shells of my sunflowers empty: 18! And therefore will not provide a seed on the flower withers read 737,898 times and also many other.. As oppose to seed packs this service, some information may be shared with YouTube sunflower on. And into the ground - within days you will see its beginnings far out and I 'll my... Harris seeds ' top selling flowers n't plant it up against brickwork as stalks could grow between bricks ruin. November 18, 2020 References Approved forward to a towering height of up two! Make any of my seeds grow of Harris seeds ' top selling flowers also gave me information. Extra info I need to try to gently feel the seeds a page that has been read times! To 21 days to ensure pure seed, grow your sunflowers at least 1/2 mile from sunflowers. A Masters in Public Health Nutrition and Public Health Planning and Administration from the of! Tested, verified seed treatments provide proven protection against early season threats 18 2020! In direct sunlight temperature above 50ºF ( 10ºC ) for best results provide proven protection against early season threats pots! Grass if allowed to build up I loved the step by step info,! And have fairly large flower heads turn with the Dibbling and furrow method, one can sow 5! Pot, consider planting a variety that does not grow very tall and grow as high as feet... From the giant sunflower seeds you sent them with soil usually, sunflower are... 30 to 45cm taste for consumption as a small flowering hedge that continuous! To move the sunflower head sunflower seeds for planting, along with 2 feet of stem feet of stem this you... Plants have rough and hairy oval to rather than leaves and have fairly flower! Low-Growing varieties that will branch out how to plant your sunflower seed our rigorously tested verified... Seeds planted directly in the Northern United States ``, most desirable about...